1.07.10

Day 8


I went to the Camera Store yesterday afternoon.  It was pretty exciting.  Buying film is always exciting.  There are so many choices!  I can get Kodak, Ilford, Fuji, or Polaroid; black & white or colour; vivid or neutral; any ISO from 50 (!!) to 3200 (!!!!1!!); high contrast, vivid, neutral aghhh!

I ended up with 9 rolls/packs (I think)- 2 packs of black & white Fuji instant film; 1 pack of Fuji instant colour (which was $33 for a ten pack- ouch!); 1 roll of 35mm Ilford SPX 200 and 2 rolls of it in 120; 1 roll of 35mm XP2 400 and 2 rolls of 120.  Oh yeah.  And a 35mm roll of Ilford Delta 3200.  So excited!!!  (I also ordered a few packs of sepia and black & white polaroid from the Impossible Project.  Yay!!)

Ok, so maybe it was more than 9.  Stop judging me!

Alright, remember yesterday when I was telling you that I love downtown so much?  Well, like my parents used to say, I'll always love you, but sometimes I don't like you very much.  This picture was a pretty good example of one of those times.

I was walking along, saw something that I wanted to photograph, stopped, set up, metered, was about to take the picture when a group of German tourists walked in front of me.  No big deal.  Just wait for them to pass and try again.  Just as the last one passes, some douche-bags with blackberries, suits, and too much gel in their hair step in front of the camera.  Fine.  It's downtown.  People tend not to pay attention to other people.  Maybe they just didn't see my gigantic camera.  A few random shoppers pass through the viewfinder, but I look down the street after them- the coast is clear!  As soon as these women are gone I can get the shot!

Then this guy walks out of the pub door on the right, stands right in the shot, and stares at me.  Whatever.  I take the shot and walk away.  And you know what?  I kinda like it :)

Happy Canada Day!

Love,
Hearts & Photos

| Follow heartsandphotos on Twitter |

1 comment: