14.01.11

Day 62



I thought I'd leave you with a little something to dream about over the weekend.  Doesn't this make you want to catch the next flight to Paris?  If it's worked its magic and you do, there are a few things you should know that this photo won't tell you.

1.  This is the coldest I have ever been while taking a photo (and I'm Canadian).  My hands were rendered useless by the wind and I had to focus and shoot with the sides of my palms.  Try it- it's hard!  It didn't help that I had lost my gloves while in London the week before and was too stubborn to replace them.  Evidently, (in my addled brain at least), it's better to lose appendages than more clothes.  Although, in my defence, I had lost 3 gloves and 1 toque with just a few weeks and didn't feel like buying a new pair until Steve could attach them to string for me.  
Moral: There's a reason the French women wear so much fur, faux or otherwise.  Play along.

2.  I was on a narrow bridge downstream from Notre Dame for this shot.  There were a few other people on the street at the same time, including a couple parked and making out.  We're talking passenger-straddling-the-driver-stopped-in-the-middle-of-the-lane-diverting-traffic kinda making out.  No one blinked.
Moral:  This is normal, and since French people are generally pretty hot, be prepared to want to make out.  A lot.  There is a reason France has the highest birth rate in the European Union.  

3.  French women deserve to have skinny thighs.  Walking in heels on icy cobblestone streets was one of the hardest (also scariest) things I've every done.  It worked muscles I didn't know existed.
Moral:  It might be scary, but if you refer back to point 2, it's definitely worth it.

If you jet off to Paris tonight (or anywhere for that matter) promise to tell me about it when you get back!

Have a great weekend :)  

Love,
Hearts & Photos

| Follow heartsandphotos on Twitter |

1 comment: