13.01.11

Day 61





Guess what came today!!!  There was a bit of drama when Canada Post lost all my film and my stomach tried to wrap itself around my spleen, but all's well that ends well and it's here!

I had totally forgotten about these images of the Parliament building in Victoria that I shot with my Leica but I love them!  The Parliament is lit up so beautifully at night- people from all over the world stop to photograph it.

If you're reeeeeally nice I'll even give you a couple tips that'll help you with night shots like this....  Oh you guys are too sweet- here we go!
     a) Use a tripod or at least find a bench or something to rest your camera on.  You'll won't start to worry that you have the early stages of Parkinson's and will probably use a lot fewer curse words.
     b) Take the shots at dusk- don't wait until it's too dark.  That way you get the detail in the architecture AND the lights.  Win-win!  If left until it's super dark out, the lights will be the only thing that shows up in your shot, which (if we're being honest) looks a lot more DisneyChristmas than historic landmark.  

I'd been feeling a little ambivalent towards my Leica lately, and had been thinking about trading it in for a Hasselblad XPan (which is an amazing camera) with a 30mm lens (honest to god, this lens has, like, zero distortion, which is unbelievable for such a wide-angle lens!!!) but now I think I'm just going to need both.  I better start saving!

Have a great day :)

Love,
Hearts & Photos

| Follow heartsandphotos on Twitter |

No comments:

Post a Comment