21.7.11

Day 83


You didn't think I'd go on holiday without bringing you back a little present, did you?  Well, in this case that present might have been a little large- cows, horses and chickens (oh my!)- so I packaged them up into three neat little series and I'll post a new one each day.  Delayed gratification, my friends, is the definition of maturity.  

I must admit to you two things though:
1.  I grew up on a farm and this is actually the first farm study I've ever done.  Weird, right?
2.  I shot these with digital.  I'll wait for the gasps to subside.  I know.  It's terrible, but I've been playing with the idea of transitioning to digital photography for a little while and I wanted to use this trip to see if I'd actually be happy with the results.  Ultimately I'm pretty darn satisfied, but I wouldn't use it for everything- there are still formats where film is far superior.  It's just that the advantages for shooting digital are starting to outweigh my pocket book.  Shooting film is expensive.  Between the camera equipment, film, developing and scanning the negatives on top of the cost of making prints it can be really hard to work financially.  Also, the quick turn around time with digital is pretty sweet.  It's nice to not have to wait to finish a dozen rolls of film before I send them off to save money on shipping, which means you guys get to see my summer holiday photos in the ACTUAL SUMMER!  Unheard of, I know.

And tomorrow, you'll get to see some more of them!

Have a great day :)

Love,
Hearts & Photos

| Follow heartsandphotos on Twitter |

No comments:

Post a Comment